|Who can learn:||English veterinarian|
|Scheduled place:||3. year 1. semester|
|Description:||I N F O R M A T I O N
PHARMACOLOGY in English, Fall semester, Academic year 2012/2013
Students will be hereby informed that the prevalent qualification system and requirements in subject “VETERINARY PHARMACOLOGY” for the fall semester are as follows:
1. For completing the semester it is obligatory:
- Regular visiting of the lectures
- Successful performance on all practical lectures (laboratory courses) and completion of the two midterm tests
The acceptance of the semester is certified by the signature of the authorized lecturer. More then five weeks of absence in a semester results in an automatic exclusion from the semester (cf. Student’s guide).
- The attendance in lab coat is obligatory, the names will be checked, and students should put their signature on the list at the end of practical
- Missed practical have to be retaken (latest during the last week of the semester)
- Students have to be able to answer the questions about the topic of former and actual practical satisfactory either verbal or written (weekly test, quiz). The students will receive a grade based on their performance. For acceptance the average of these grades should be at least 2 (60%) and it will be used for the calculation of practical mark (see point 4. below). Retake of failed quizzes or verbal presentation is not possible.
3. Midterm tests
The dates and times of two midterm tests will be given in the detailed Practical Topic List. Minimum acceptance level of completion is 60.5% of the maximal scores (100%). Failed midterm test can be retaken during the semester only once.
4. At the end of the fall semester the students will be evaluated by marks as follows:
The grades will be based on the average of two midterm tests and quizzes or oral performances during practical. If one of the three grades is 1 the semester will not be accepted. In this case the student should take oral examination about the topics of the whole semester. Without this successful retake exam the acceptance of the semester will not be certified by the signature of the head of department.
Budapest, 1st September 2012
Dr Péter GÁLFI Dr. György CSIKÓ
full professor, head of department associate professor