|Name||Institute for Biology|
|Head of Unit||Kosztolányi András|
|Address||1077 Budapest Rottenbiller u. 50.|
|Postal address||1400 Budapest Pf.2|
|Phone||+361 478 4231|
|Extension||+361 478 4100 / 8750|
Brief history of Institute of Zoology/Biology and the zoology/biology training programs.
1993: Comittee for Preparing Zoology Training at the University of Veterinary Science is
formed (secretary: Dr. Béla Éliás).
1994: Establishment of the Zoology Centre (director: Dr. Béla Éliás) at the Rottenbiller
Start of the zoology training program with 16 students.
1994 -1999: 3+2-year applied zoology training program
1997: Zoology Centre changes to Institute of Zoology (director: Dr. Béla Éliás).
1997: Establishment of Department of Ecology (head of department: dr. Erzsébet Hornung).
1999 -2009: 5-year zoology training program
2006: Accreditation and establishment of the undergraduate biology BSc course based on the Bologna Process.
2009: Accreditation and start of biology MSc course based on the Bologna Process.
2009: Name of the institute changes to Intstitue for Biology